Tacos El Rancherito
1729 McKee Road . San Jose



And so the adventure begins...at about 10:45pm I was searching for a quick bite to eat and landed at Tacos El Rancherito. I was drawn to this place for a few reasons. Number one reason, the Taco Blog. Second reason, the Tacos are only a buck...cant beat that! Reason number three, I was super hungry after a long session and this place was open and close to home. Tacos El Rancherito can be found @ 1729 McKee Road in San Jose, CA. It sits in the same plaza as Renatos Pizza, 7-11 and Valero Gas. El Rancherito has been there for many years...the Tacos have always been a dollar too. I orderd 4 carne asada Tacos. I'm not sure if the tortillas were handmade, but they were small, soft and flavorful. The meat was tender and it had a decent flavor. The onions were the size of nickels for you onion lovers. I could have used a lil more cilantro but thats just me. The plate was garnished with radishes, limes and soft carrot slices. I should add that the salsa was fiery, bold in taste and didnt take away from the flavor of the meat. The Tacos really hit the spot after a long night. El Rancherito has a modest sized menu with full size platos, mariscos, sopes and of course Tacos. There was a small juke box hanging on the wall pumping some rancheros while i was waiting for my Tacos. If you're looking for some quick late night Tacos for under $5 bucks this may be the spot for you.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, yup! This is our new hang out for me and my 2 boys! When we are out and about and we get hungry, this is "the place". LOL Good, cheap AND my boys can play some Daddy Yankee and I can get my Chente on the "music box"! ;o)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home