Super Taqueria
911 McLaughlin Ave. San Jose


OK, I dont know about you, but when I order a carne asada taco I excpect it to be loaded with meat, like half a cow or something. I dont know maybe its because the place was mad packed or something, but this spot didnt do much for me. I order my usaul carne asada plate, and headed for the cleanest seat in the house. Upon inspecting my meal I come to find out that the tortilla were not cooked to well. They added like a brick of jack cheese on top of it, with a GRIP of whole beans. It was like a super bean and jack cheese taco or something. They added a drop of pico and some massive slabs of avocado, with just a hit of carne asada, which was pretty good by the way. Nicely seasoned and grilled to perfection. What really got me though was the way these bad boys where wrapped. It was like a funnel.you start with filling nad end with tortilla and cheese. Damn! Whats that all about? you know i got a feeling the whole reason that I have to diss this joint is the fact that there were like 1,000 people in the place. Literally. Ive heard so many good things about this place, so I may give the place another shot. Pleas stand by. Oh yeah, Ive been getting some negative feed back about my spelling and such, I sucked at english class, shoot me.

6 Comments:

Blogger crispypatas said...

those Tacos should be dubbed Kryptonite Asada Tacos...look at all that fucken avacado...sheesh.

i've never liked Super Taqueria. i went there once when i was younger (13)..and I.M.O. the food sucked big eggs! it was so bad, i can still remember the whole experience....the beans were bland, the tortilla was undercooked, and the pico de gallo was flavorless as well...the only thing good about Super Taqueria is the meat, they do grill it and season it nicely.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bistro Beef said...

i agree with CRISPYPATAS...i never thought i would say that sentence....but the meat is the best they actually do grill it over a flame and a not the usual grill it on a stove that some of the other taquerias do. Yeah i went with IHEARTJAPAN and let me tell you it was pathetic tortillas blah, a pound of cheese, the meat to bean ratio was way off and every hot chick in the place had like 20 kids with her...total disapointment

12:50 PM  
Blogger TruthMhz said...

Damn Bistro... at least you know the chick puts out. hehe. As for Super Taqueria, I was told to avoid that place when I first moved here from LA years ago. My friends knew about my love for taquerias and they told me to leave that place alone. Although the beef sounds good I dunno... I think I'll take my chances on somethin else.

1:19 PM  
Blogger elhalo said...

give it another chance.
maybe the location? the OG one on 10th St. is where my baby momma cousin is the manager. he knows wassup

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I've been lucky but the super tacos for me have never been as bad as described. I haven't been there in a few months but generally my tacos have more meat than beans and not so much avacado. I also tend to order extra queso cause that shit is awesome.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home