Meng's BBQ
3309 San Felipe Rd


oh, you thought i was done, huh!? nope! i have another post for you foodies! This time around it's Meng's BBQ. yeah, Mengs, like when Manolo from SCARFACE say, "Aye, meng...i want my name on the back of chics asses". anyway...let's get on with the show.

so, i'm driving around downtown Evergreen looking for a bite to eat. I am sick of fast food, so i'm looking for something good. i couldn't find anything that tickled my pickle, so i call up manang Chrystelle. "Aye, sexy manang", i say. "i need some food for my belly, where should i eat?!" manang tells me i should hit up Mengs, since i'm in the area. i get the directions and mosey on down to Mengs. this place is a real hole in the wall, but as soon as you walk in you're greeted by an elder manang with a big smile and the smell of fresh Philipine food. the first thing i spot was a tray loaded with pancit...my favorite!! well, next to shanghai, pancit is my favorite Philipino food. (is it philipino, or filipino?! idunno.) my tagalog is limited to words like bomba, sexxxy manang, mamone, puto, and some other words which i dont know the meaning too...see what happens when you work around a bunch of crazy filipinos!! hahaha...ok, ok...anyway...so i go for what i know...i order some pancit, and some BBQ meat on a skewer. i take my food to go and hit up my secret lunch spot. (see photo below for the wonderful view i get while eating lunch) i get to my spot and proceed to inhale said food. i thought it was beef, but it turned out to be PORK! well, that pork sure was good, cuzz i smased both skewers!! the pancit wasn't as great as i thought it would be though, but that's me. i got spoiled when my ex-company would have pot lucks and someone would bring in some homemade pancit. i think the next time i go here, im bringing some filipino folk with me to help me order. there's nothing but manangs behind the counter, so you know the food is authentic. i just never seen orange pancit...usually its white. they did throw in some lemon, so they know whats up. i dont know of many Philipino spots besides Goldylocks and JollyBee...so it's kind cool to find a nice lil spot. if any of you know of a good Philipino spot, let me know...i have a hankering for some good pancit.

the grub a dub dub

my spot...not yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home