La Guadalajara Market #1
1661 Alum Rock Ave.

Ok, my last post was pretty heinous. To make up for it I decided to scope out a more familiar spot. La Guadalajara is an old school spot in San Jose. It's been around for years. They offer many different Mexican staple dishes on the menu including Tacos, Burritos, Tamales, and chili rellenos but, I was here for Tacos.

They have a pretty big selection meats, all in front of you so you can see what's going into your Taco. I ordered up 1 Taco de Asada and 1 Taco de chili colorado and my cousin orders 2 Tacos de carnitas. We took them to go, and when the lady asked me if I wanted "con todo" (with everything), I kindly replied, "si, en la lado por favor" (yes, on the side please). I get home and open up the box to find my Tacos intact, salsa on the side, and ready to eat! The carne asada was on point, chopped just right, and very tasty! The chili colorado was chunky, tender, and flavorful too! The Tacos also come with rice and refried beans, making this a very hearty Taco. If you don't like beans and rice, you can ask them nicely and they won't put it in there. My cousin made the mistake of eating twice before he came, so he couldn't eat his other Taco. No problemo cuzzo...I got your back! So, I smashed that Taco as well. The carnitas were on point too! For $1.99 a Taco, you really can't go wrong. Two Tacos are like a meal wrapped up in two tortillas. (each Taco is wrapped with two store bought, but tasty, corn tortillas) I would highly recommend this spot if you are looking for delicious, fairly priced, Authentic Mexican food. The service is excellent, and pretty fast too! Great spot for lunch!
look at the size of these bad boys!
nice selection of meats and foods
they sell many authentic Mexican products too
they also carry Pan Dulce, in case you want a lil something for the sweet tooth! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude its "en el lado chino joto"

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home