Tacos Al Carbon
1733 Story Rd

Yo! whaddup parrrdy people!? long time no blog, eh??
well, since my partners in crime have fell off the face of earth, i guess i'm the last man standing. don't think i was slackin in my mackin though...i was scopin out spots to throw the grub down!! i took some recommendations and hit up a spot i was familar with. Yo, Paul, what was the name of that place again? sorry, you know my mind is cloudy...but yeah, i'm lookin to blog that spot next!

so, let's get down to business!
Tacos Al Carbon has been a long time resident of San Jose's very own East Side. you can't talk about the legendary Story and King roads without mentioning Tacos Al Carbon. it's been a late night spot for years, and if you don't know, now you know! me and my buddy Mike were going to hit the town in search of some fine featherd females and good times, when my other homie Darlene calls me up. she tells me, "Danny and Raphael ditched me!! those fuckers went to Portland without me!!"...after i laugh that one off, i ask her if she's down to chill with me and Mike. she's game...so, we all head out for a night on the town. after a lil bit of driving around we decide it's time to get some munchies. we searched around and landed at Tacos Al Carbon. we get seated and they hand us the menus. upon inspection i notice the prices on the menu...jeebus this place is pricey!! $13 duckets for a shot of cognac...$30 for a sixer of Coronas...$3 bucks a Taco...are you guys nuts!?! well, Darlene reassured me that the price was because of the atmosphere...that's pretty much what you're paying for here. the place is big, nicely decorated and LOUD! they either have live mariachi, a live band or both. the place can get jam packed so its actually pretty cool if you're looking to parrrdy like a mexican! the food was actually good, and i got a good laugh seeing two guys being serenaded by the mariachi..ahahahaa. i asked Darlene to be a guest blogger for this place, so here is her run down of Tacos Al Carbon...

Darelene:
It was a couple of Fridays ago at about 11:30pm. I was chillen with my homie CRISPYPATAS and one of his boyz. We were Downtown, ready to get our drank on when all of the sudden we get a wiff of some good smellin tacos. We're on South First Street and as all of you San Jose'ers know, there isn't a taqueria, taco truck, or taco stand in sight. We can't get the aroma outta our heads. So, plans start taking a drastic turn, for the good of our stomachs. Gettin our drank on now takes a back seat to the hunt for some late night grub.

Our late night mission leads us to the King and Story area. We take a quick look around as we're driving and decide to head into and old school spot called Tacos Al Carbon. We walk in, seat ourselves and soon notice two guys in the corner, gettin serenaded by mariachis. It seems kinda odd to me but the waitress distracts me with a menu. As I open the menu, I notice that the prices are pretty steep and I only have a twenty on me. So, I order two tacos, one of carne asada and the other of carnitas at a pricey $2.95 (due to the homemade tortillas).

As we’re waiting for our order, we notice that we haven’t been offered chips and salsa and staring and laughing at the two guys getting serenaded again. I ask CrispyPatas, “Hey, do we get free chips and salsa here?” He doesn’t seem to know, so he asks the waitress first if they are free and we get an order since they are. The salsa is has a good flavor and has a decent amount of heat. This place is really loud and we’re yelling at each other, acting like we can hear what each other says. It was a atmosphere though.

Our order is served promptly. The guys get their orders (Super Burritos) before me. That wasn’t cool. I finally get my tacos. They look and smell good, served with onions, cilantro, and chile on top and a lime on the side. I comment to the guys “My tacos look really big” and Marcos asks if that is all I’m having. From what I can see, two tacos were just right. They were packed with meat and did I mention the tortillas were handmade...yeeaaaah! These tacos were worth the price due to the amount of meat, the spices and the tenderness of both the asada and carnitas.

**sorry no picts of the place at this time...the outside is under reconstruction and i cant find the pict of the Taco...grrr...**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home